Should I show a map on my listing?
This article is for: Managers
Whether you choose to display a map on your listing or not is entirely up to you.
Some bach owners have concerns regarding security and publicising both availability and location information on the website. For a would-be rental guest this is exactly the information they need to aid their decision on finding a bach to rent, however, it may be seen as useful intelligence to any burglar.
- Ensure deadlocks are fitted
- Hide valuables - or don’t keep any at the bach
- Keep any computers, audio-visual equipment etc. in places that can not be viewed from outside
- Consider installing an alarm system
- Have a local representative or caretaker who can keep an eye on the place while you or tenants are not staying
- Make sure you have proper insurance